roliana
Read the latest updates from Roliana

Re: The Future

Discord is pretty simple if you're not trying to set up your own server right off.
But even that becomes easy after you get the basics.

Of course nothing could replace a home site, but there are some who might be able to fill the void. lol
Voltra has really in-depth event stories and such. I'm too lazy to participate in them sometimes, but they're there. And now I'm actually working as the Storyliner for Sapherna, so I'm the one creating the stories and stuff. Haha.

Yes! The dressup game sounds like it will be great!
Sometimes I still get bored and go on, like, doll divine and play dress up. xD
One of those games even kind of inspired an RP that I haven't gotten around to fully fleshing out because it let's you create and dress-up a Disney Fairy. lol

I will have to check out Roliana on Discord at some point then. Sounds like people have been having a blast!

I love in depth stories and interactive stuff. Story driven puzzle games where always my favorite so being able to enjoy some of the story based events on Roliana is really neat.

Sapherna looks nice on the avatar structure.

That is pretty cool on the story creation. Is it for background/npc stuff and/or more of the event structure?

I never did outgrown a really good dressup game! I still remember playing with paper dolls with my grandmother. We used fashion, holiday, and Disney catalogues for the items. Anything that had a good people base was cut out for the doll.

Doll Divine and Azalea's Dolls are just awesome! Rinmaru is not too bad either but I really like the colors and artwork in Doll Divine and Azalea's Dolls.

Whenever I could not figure how I wanted to draw something or someone, I used to play on the dressup games for additional inspiration and support.

Yes! It's a party! :D

Is both at times. Haha.
The even Saph has going on right now I created the NPC and the storyline of the event.

Nice, I had some paper doll thing when I was a kid too, and you'll pry avi sites from my cold dead fingers. XD
Imma be on 'em forever, bet.

I bet they help a lot of people get past block.
They're great. Haha.

Anarchist Beauty wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:08 pm
@prism I think the nostalgia is getting to all the regular and old users.
I can't even imagine what you guys are going though.
At least we all still have some time on the site though. ^-^
We can make the best of it before shuffling off and hoping other sites have refugee camps. XD
yeah, it's weird having been here for so long. i think this is one of few places where i'm now one of the people who's been around a long time, gotta enjoy that while it lasts lol!

Guardian Trickster wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm
@prism
I do remember seeing your avatar. Glad you still have the outfit. I might try to recreate some of my old avatars.
oh man, really? i never would've thought anyone would remember, haha!

as for other sites, idk when it's officially gonna be up and running, but i managed to register during the beta of Dappervolk and it's very cute. has a story with interacting with the site npcs, pets, and they met their funding goal for adding houses too.

virtual popstar is interesting as even if you're not an official designer, you can send your own items in and they're actually very often used.

other than gaia, i can't think of anymore atm.

@Anarchist Beauty
My mother and sister are artists too. They found it interesting to use doll dress up sites as a way to work out anatomy, fashion, hand held items, and background problems.

My favorites are the historical fashions, mythological creatures, and adventure dress ups.

I doubt I will be giving up virtual paper dolls anytime soon.

Thanks for the avatar site mentions!

@prism
I have been a lurker for most of my Roliana citizenship.

Most of the avatar questing and artworks people did I just could not help but notice. The different color themes, cultural themes and such were pretty neat! I got inspired by a lot of them.

The pets look cute in Dappervolk! I will definitely check it out more. It sort of reminds me of Neopets. Thank you for mentioning it!

@prism You're an Ancient One? lol
I feel that way on Sapherna sometimes, even though I'm not as old as some people.

@Guardian Trickster They are fun!
And no prob! Hope you, and others, can find a new home in one (or all) of them! lol

Cool. Good.
I'll release a full statement about Roliana later.

Anarchist Beauty wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:31 am
@prism You're an Ancient One? lol
I feel that way on Sapherna sometimes, even though I'm not as old as some people.
:octopus: my secret is out
it's similar here for me too, there's definitely plenty of folks who've been around even longer

Guardian Trickster wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:50 pm
@prism
I have been a lurker for most of my Roliana citizenship.

Most of the avatar questing and artworks people did I just could not help but notice. The different color themes, cultural themes and such were pretty neat! I got inspired by a lot of them.

The pets look cute in Dappervolk! I will definitely check it out more. It sort of reminds me of Neopets. Thank you for mentioning it!
i spent a good deal of time lurking myself, i was most active during events, then hid away in the shadows or the roleplay forum the rest of the time, lol. i spent lots of time admiring art and avatars too!

happy to help! there's even an item you can get to upload accessories for the pets, including your own designs and those of others' that you've bought or they've shared for free! i want to put tiny hats on all my pets :ok_hand:

So today I went to go screenshot my profile as a little memento to keep, showing the number of my posts and my join date. Wouldn't you know it it was exactly 10 years ago March 1st, and time-wise only off by about 30 minutes. I kinda wish I could have taken a screenshot at the exact time...but dang..

We all know this day will come yet none of us have really been fully prepared; at the very least I am not. Deeply sad to let Roli go yet we need to. Thanks Roli for all the memories and fun days. I will miss the shop keepers and other NPCs huhuhu

If by any chance anyone wants to keep in touch, just message me :smiley_cat: .

@prism Yeah, I bet. I never really knew how damn old this site was until now. lol

@Railas That's still pretty impressive timing! lol

@jedmark_13 It's always a sad and hard thing to let a site go. I can't imagine how much contemplating and debating the staff did to make that decision, either. They're always the ones who want to hold on the most, at least that how I am on the site I work for. lol
But I hope it will be alright, and everyone who still wants to actively participate in online avatar forum communities will find new homes. Plus there is still the discord server, which is great fun!

Roli had a good long run and I'm really sad to see it go! :( I appreciate you informing us ahead of time. I wish you the very best CAITLYN! :) Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to this site <3 :)
And, a huge thank you to all of the staff members for working so hard to maintain this site and keep it alive. And, to all of the artists who created all of the lovely pixels on this site. Best of luck to all of you! :)
I'm looking forward to a dressup game!

I'm also looking forward to the dressup game, though Roli will always hold a place in my heart. I will continue to support the creators as best as I can.

this news was inevitable but i'm still heartbroken :( i've been on this site for over 10 years, and though i've always been more of a lurker, the site and community hold such a dear place in my heart.
thank you so much to all the mods, admins, staff and fellow users who made this site so special and welcoming!!! i really hope the roli dress-up game can happen sometime in the future

time to go through old threads and avatars for maximum nostalgia :sob:

(i used to be FlowerThingy, éli and like 10 other names;; i'll join discord under lbst if anyone wants to keep in touch)

Oh no, good thing I came back to check out the site again. I usually do it once a year :( I joined back in 2011, and it really was one of the better times. I fully enjoyed all the pixel art created, expecially the fantastic outfits. It's what drew me to the site in the first place.

A huge thank you to all the staff members who kept this site going! You have no idea how appreciative I am of it. It was so easy to lose myself in such a wonderful community and express myself via avatars.

Thank you thank you thank you.

I look forward to the dressing game and anything else you guys whip up and I hope to be able to support it!

I can be found on twitter @bitterblur_ and tumblr @vi-da-lia

All the best in everyone's - staff and users - endeavours ♥️

Meanwhile, I've gone ahead and equipped every sin[…]

Xia nodded, holding Vella close as she mounted Izy[…]

Yup! I'm gonna post links to NdMA's Voltra and Cae[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!