15%
Mystery
11%
Adventure
74%

What book are you currently reading?

What are you reading right now?
I'm reading Wicked LovelyImage

I was suprised at how good it is. I must say the back of the book does it no justice what-so-ever!!

Sometimes it's hard to follow because the author describes scenes extremely well with lots of details.
-----------------

I'm currently reading various fanfic's (Harry Potter, mainly.) and a book called 'What I Was' by Meg Rosoff. It's one of the books up for the Carnegie Award this time, so I'm reading it for school. I found it a little hard to get into at first, but aside from seeming a tad odd, it's an alright book imo. Not something I would pick up and read without prompting, though.

- I've just realised that there is another thread about what books people are reading on the second page of the forum, sorry. >.<

I'm in the middle of "Triss" by Brian Jaques, Its a Redwall. I love those books, they're so good! Its also my name sake.

When I get into summer vacation, I'm gonna first read all the Bloody Jack Adventures, then the Harry Potters, then the Squire's Tales. Hmmm.... that should last me about three months right? Ah well, we shall see.

Right Now I'm just about finished with a book called foxy (can't remember author) I have read the book a few times before :mrgreen:

Im read a book called Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging, now Im on the 4th one of them they are really good books.

The Lord of The Rings and Atlas Shrugged the latter of which is really an amazing book.

I am in the process of finishing 'The Giver', and re-reading the Harry Potter books.
I am currently almost finished with number four. I'm hoping to get to seven soon, as I haven't read it yet...

The 'Pendragon' series is another good one, and I am also hoping to finish the 'Bartimaeus' trilogy.
My girlfriend was working on reading a book series, based on the days of the week? It was very interesting.

As for manga, I hope to get into 'Rosario+Vampire', and am working on 'Fruit's Basket'.

As you can tell, I'm mainly a fantasy reader. xD

World War Z by Max Brooks; I do not feel like explaining it in my own words, so I just copied and pasted the article from WikiPedia.
"Taking place in the 2010s, the book charts a war against the undead from global pandemic to mass panic, and then to an armed struggle to reclaim the planet. Rather than a grand overview or a single perspective, World War Z is instead a collection of individual accounts, each revealing an aspect of the larger plot and simultaneously presenting a very personal tale. These different accounts take the form of interviews. The book draws from post-apocalyptic and zombie literature. "The Great Panic" chapter describes the rout of civilization in a similar manner to H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds. The tales cover many genres -- the story of a Chinese admiral who spent the war on a submarine would fit easily among techno-thrillers. The viewpoint is not exclusively American, but focuses on the global nature of the struggle. This use of small personal tales creates a patchwork tapestry of the larger events unfolding in the book. Brooks addresses current issues such as environmentalism, the War on Terrorism and international health care. He also offers an interesting juxtaposition between the modern world and that of postwar Earth. For example, Cuba becomes the world's leading economy, Great Britain becomes a major producer of oil, and Tibet becomes the most populous country. This vision of a postwar Earth is startling in its contrast to that of today. It is implied that tribal groups such as South American Indians, Zulu of Southern Africa and Māori of New Zealand fared surprisingly well. One character relates an anecdote about how 500 Māori took on half of the Auckland horde, using traditional tribal weapons, and fared much better than the world's various military forces or Western civilians."

Currently, I’m reading the new addition to the Uglies trilogy, Extras. At the moment I find it really interest, but a little bit irked by the Japanese honorifics used because I really think that they are unnecessary.

In general, I think that Extras is better than Specials, but can never top Pretties or Uglies. I really like Aya’s character, though. She’s different. And the plot is just really, really good I haven’t been able to put the book down until I came online.

I'm currently reading Skinny by Ibi Kaslik and It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

I am currently reading the book Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.
He is the same writer novelist that wrote Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters and a few others that I have read.
I just started it the other night but I am finding it hard to put down.
I'd have to say Fight Club is my favorite, but then again all of his books are amazing. He is a very mature writer and his tales at time can be a little hard to follow but they are certainly worth the read.

Currently reading Watership Down by Richard Adams for school. Sad, I know :[

Also reading "Black Cat" ;D It's a manga, which is awesome. I'm almost done with it~!

Currently I'm reading Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers... for the fifth or sixth time. xD
Betcha can't guess what I read before it and what I plan to read after it... again... >w<

Fyre it's a good book. I have it. ^^

Currently I am reading Sword Play. Its the 4th book in a series, and I haven't read the first ones yet. The author is good though, even though I haven't read the book before this one I'm not missing much info for this book to make since. The book makes since now, but it will make MORE since once I have read the others. If you know what I mean.

Marni frowned as she processed the information fro[…]

Fafnir blinked as the older dragon said, "First of[…]

Same...is why I'm going to poke around there when […]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!