roliana
Have a goal on Roliana? Record your progress here

Re: ~ ::Memories in the Sand:: ~ [A Quest]

Queen of the Dorks wrote:I think one of my favorite moments in the earlier portion of the series was the first two or three times AndrAIa rebooted in a game and she ended up with similar costumes and Enzo remarks something along the lines of "What is it with you and biker chicks?" XD I think it would be awesome to see an updated ReBoot series with the same characters and some updated rendering. Even for the time ReBoot came out, the CG was pretty good for the time it was released. It would be really cool to see them rendered with the technology now.
I have no idea HOW I didn't see this. @ ___@ I'm sorry!

I remember that. xD It's funny 'cause later he ends up on a bike and he's like "now I see why you like them!" or whatever. I think they're adorable. ; ^;
ReBoot was the first cgi TV series. <3 I would LOVE if they would redo it. Imagine how awesome it would be with updated graphics. @ ___@ But I doubt it ever happens. ; 3; Sad. I think it might get an even bigger, newer fanbase if they were to do it.
Yeah. I especially loved the Army of Darkness looking game cube where the user's avatar looked very similar with the chainsaw and the only thing I recall them saying was "GRoooooVY!". I think that was one of AndrAIa's 'biker babe' reboots actually? XD I recently moved, but one of these days when I am not broke I will definitely have to buy the whole series. I also agree that a reboot of Reboot would have the potential to look fantastic. It would be even more awesome to get the original cast to reprise their roles, but some such and younger Enzo and AndrAIa, would probably not be possible now. XD Even a live-action film would be kind of neat if executed in a manner that stuck to the show's roots. The biggest issue with doing an all new cg series would probably be funding, though. Gosh darn you reality! LET OUR FANTASIES LIVE! LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!1!!!!one1!!!!1!!!!one!!!

~Coyote~ wrote:Yeah. I especially loved the Army of Darkness looking game cube where the user's avatar looked very similar with the chainsaw and the only thing I recall them saying was "GRoooooVY!". I think that was one of AndrAIa's 'biker babe' reboots actually? XD I recently moved, but one of these days when I am not broke I will definitely have to buy the whole series. I also agree that a reboot of Reboot would have the potential to look fantastic. It would be even more awesome to get the original cast to reprise their roles, but some such and younger Enzo and AndrAIa, would probably not be possible now. XD Even a live-action film would be kind of neat if executed in a manner that stuck to the show's roots. The biggest issue with doing an all new cg series would probably be funding, though. Gosh darn you reality! LET OUR FANTASIES LIVE! LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!1!!!!one1!!!!1!!!!one!!!
That would be WAY TOO AWESOME. :<
I feel like it would garner a huge following with lots of support, too.

Indeed. Last I heard the official site had initialized a reboot of ReBoot, but I believe it was in the form of a webcomic? Been a while since I've popped on there, I'll have to double check to be sure. How has Abi been? What have you thought of the Roli Reboot thus far?

Indeed. Last I heard the official site had initialized a reboot of ReBoot, but I believe it was in the form of a webcomic? Been a while since I've popped on there, I'll have to double check to be sure. How has Abi been? What have you thought of the Roli Reboot thus far?

I think I read about that, and I got my hopes up. :< But I think it was just a comic. Sad. Gah, with the technology we have now, a new ReBoot would be so purdy. ; 3;

I've been great. c: I graduated from university in May, and I am in the process of packing up my apartment and moving to Colorado. c: I got a job over there at a newspaper.

So far ... I like the ReBoot, but it's so dead here. . ____.
I dunno if people just gave up on Roli or are busy with life or just haven't realized it's back. I miss the way it used to be. :c

How have you been? :o
Perhaps they hope the comic will build up a new fandom of a size significant enough to warrant pushing the approval for a cg ReBoot reboot? Although I am fairly certain they could pull that off now without the interest of newer generations, but it all boils down to money in the end.
Awesome and Congrats! How far is Colorado from where you are now? Are you excited for the new job? What part of the newspaper will you be working on? Yeah, the activity has really slowed, but I think it will flesh back out once the site is back at 100%. I'm really excited for the first event we get to have with a staff-run site! I think the main reason a lot of people left was because of the 2.0 switchover and the whole Mr.Luv Mr.War thing. It really died after that.
I have been well. I moved (again) to a small apartment in the town I work in. I finally got my motorcycle endorsement (although I had been riding since last summer without it, I wasn't breaking the rules of my permit until this year because of the work schedule of my endorsed riding partner. So now me driving to work isn't illegal now. XD). I also started the process of trying to get a job with the DNR, because I have one of those soul-draining jobs in retail management and I hate it. I only took the promotion 2 and 1/2 years ago to increase my chances of moving out and I've moved twice since then. Now I just need to move on to a better paying job that I actually enjoy. So far I have passed my civil service exam, so now I have to schedule my MCOLES (essentially the physical test). If I pass that, I believe academy is next? Baby steps...baby steps... :nod:

I hope so. I would love to see a ReBoot reboot.

Thanks! It is about 1300ish miles from where I've been living and where I grew up. It's quite the change, as far as the people, culture, weather, etc. Everything really. I am loving it so much.

I am doing graphic design for the newspaper. So basically I design advertisements. :]

I admit I lost interest around the 2.0 switchover, but not BECAUSE of the switchover ... it just happened to coincide with a really busy time in my life. And then I just wasn't ever posting really.

I drive a 49cc scooter and the state of Mississippi (which is where I was born and raised) requires a motorcycle endorsement for it. :| Luckily, Colorado does not. So I can now drive legally. 8D

I hated retail. I did a year and a half in retail. I think I wouldn't mind it as much if it were a smaller store. But, I was cashier/customer service. I loved that part. I just hated doing it in such a large chain. Also the people I worked with sucked.
Oooh! Graphic design is awesome! I do agree that the people you work with can make or break how one enjoys their work. Fortunately, where I work the bitchy whiny cashier guy finally quit. Despite being short-handed and working way more hours, I am enjoying it more with him gone, so I completely understand what you mean there. Speaking of things in the 2.0 switch. How has Iris and Tues been? I haven't spoken to either of them in some time. The Panda Cafe kind of died. *sniffles*

i'm super sad Roli will be leaving us. I've been h[…]

Vella hugged Neil and shrugged as they pulled back[…]

Alex had turned around just in time to see Daimi[…]

@Shinko What other items are you looking for? Ma[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!