roliana
Have a goal on Roliana? Record your progress here

Here is what is equipped according to the Dream Avatar Maker

Total: ????

Could a peach :peach: or two or three help this n00b figure out a few things?

1) Are the item names correct? I went by the avimaker but some names such as "hover" seem like they might be off.
2) Could someone give me an estimated value of this dream avi? So I have an idea of how crazy a quest this is?
3) Items no longer for sale, is the only way to obtain them through someone else who has them? Are there re-release events or anything?
4) On a scale of 1(EZ PEASY) to 10(RIP) how hard do you think this avi is to obtain?
5) I'm just anal and hate that I couldn't think of a number 5, and ending a list on 4 is blasphemous.

Re: Den00bification for your Local Crazy Bird Lady...

hi! this avi should be easy enough to get
there's a lot of common items, which should be easy as heck for you to get a hold of

the toughest for you to get a hold of are going to be:

night wings, old spin item
hummingbirds, old MI that'll be a fair bit of platinum...
and the art nouveau flowers, also from a mi

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗BEAUTIFUL∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

If I got my math right, then hummingbirds will come in the ancient temple in the beginning of August at 180 platinum.

I know it sounds like a lot but it's to ensure the rarity of the item. With that I mean: let's say you bought it back in 2009 and kept it so long in the hopes to have the price go up and up and up and then when the time comes sell it to someone for a very high price.

And then suddenly we come along and sell the item for 20-40 plats ? That would be so unfair. Their inventory worth would suddenly drop in price and I think a lot of older users would be angry. ESPECIALLY because: let's say you had -just- bought that MI for 200 plats from another user and then we sell it for 40 plats a month later? So unfair too right?

See: headache situation right there :laughing:

This seemed like an okay thing to do.

And people can still buy it as an investment, because every year the prices will go up (because a new year of Monthlies will be added and the rarity goes up too).

Okay I just realised you don't need all that information XD But I'm still posting it anyways

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗CHAOS∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

freyate wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 am

If I got my math right, then hummingbirds will come in the ancient temple in the beginning of August at 180 platinum.

I know it sounds like a lot but it's to ensure the rarity of the item. With that I mean: let's say you bought it back in 2009 and kept it so long in the hopes to have the price go up and up and up and then when the time comes sell it to someone for a very high price.

And then suddenly we come along and sell the item for 20-40 plats ? That would be so unfair. Their inventory worth would suddenly drop in price and I think a lot of older users would be angry. ESPECIALLY because: let's say you had -just- bought that MI for 200 plats from another user and then we sell it for 40 plats a month later? So unfair too right?

See: headache situation right there :laughing:

This seemed like an okay thing to do.

And people can still buy it as an investment, because every year the prices will go up (because a new year of Monthlies will be added and the rarity goes up too).

Okay I just realised you don't need all that information XD But I'm still posting it anyways

Makes perfect sense.
It is disrespecting the rarity mechanic afterall that was the first nail in the coffin for Gaia to many.

@Millet : I never knew Gaia was slowly getting into a coffin :astonished: I thought it was still doing relatively well.
What I disliked when I went back (after years of absense) on Gaia was the fact you now can earn 1 million gold but can't do anything with it! So basically 1 million gold is 1 gold in reality...Geesh that's just ridiculous.

And on the topic of post decor: I have to agree. If you add images or textual decoration (like mine) then you can easily get the max amount of gold from posts.

And to make it easier for you to "copy and paste" the decoration into your reply box: if you use Google Chrome, then you can add an extension called ProKeys. With this extension you can add a shortcut (for me this is the word "roli") and then it pastes your saved into the area your cursor is in.
If you don't use Google Chrome, then you'll just have to check the add-ons/extensions for something similar.

Cait was working on having this saved on our website itself, but then she got so busy with real life that she stopped working on it. I thought she was almost done with it, but apparently not. So I don't know how far she ended up with it or anything like that. And I'm not too certain to do this myself. Because I'd need to add to the control panel...And last time I tried doing something like that, things failed ....miserably.

It kind of is, they still make money right now, but the flow I saw a admin saying it wasn't steady, and they've had a high volume of people asking for refunds because it was their kids using their cards unauthorized. :shit:

The time line is in short like.

Lanzer + team had gaia. things were great.

Lanzer + team wanted to expand gaia, so brought on new people. Things were still great.

Profits were steady but not increasing.

Lanzer pleads with investors- gets some funds and promises to get better profits by putting out new material such as Zomg to increase profits.

Profits did not increase.

Investors were pissed, and cornered lanzer into two options, pay up, or sell out.

Lanzer couldn't pay up so he sold out.

New company takes over gaia.

new company creates an event to let people buy super old monthly collectibles at an enormous price. $1000.00 USD for an angelic halo.

More than a dozen people buy the item.

New company now re-releases all old items as new colors or cash buy ins for originals. Destroying the value the older items had.

Gcash shop now opens.

Loyalty shop now opens- you have to buy a certain amount of gcash monthly or yearly to be allowed in on these items. different tiers different rewards. higher tiers get to help influence gaia.

new company + high tier spenders want more items, more costs but at a discounted rate to the high tiers.

The economy is in shambles.

New company attempts a tax on the market place to create a gold sink.

it does not work. It results in higher inflation and player isolation.

profits dramatically drop as no one is willing to pay a ton of money to "catch up" to the other tiers. The few do not equal more than the whole microtransactions. Gaia is on fire. Original team members that remained- a majority of them either quit or are fired by the new company.

Lanzer popping a vein agrees to take back the drowning ship.
And brings back a few of the dismissed employees with him.

The investors that remain give lanzer more time but reiterate he needs to focus more on profits and is forbidden from doing away with the cash shop and loyalty program. he isn't allowed to make adjustments or changes to it until their part of the investments become profitable.

Lanzer creates the platinum currency to stop inflation.

It did help newer members, but it left older members , especially high tiers severly pissed off. Only those who were smart enough during the transition to buy a ton of valuable items and not sell them got to become the new "1% of gaia".

most items are now affordable to all classes of gaians with the exception of the exlusives. A mass amount of people quit after the currency transfer.

Profits are steady again but not as high as investors still want.

the fate of gaia soley depends on more "New people" joining and willing to spend or click on advertisements. If he can't make up for the loss of the previous audience that quit, then gaia has a shelf life of 2022 ish to make or break it. barely or strongly.

While the site has more members than ever before, the user activity/interaction rates are significantly lower than before.

Izy let out a sigh and said, "Be careful," looking[…]

Neil blinked and asked, "Wait, you have connection[…]

A tough thing to read. I had honestly expected it […]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!