roliana
Light discussions: Structured but not too serious.

So...my Opa died

My Opa died 6 months ago actually. In his last years, I went to take care of him. I lived in the house with him to take care of him. Opa is Grandpa in German, and he was the only living relative I stayed in touch with. Him and Oma. I loved Opa and Oma even though they were the parents of my blood family and my blood family was pretty crappy, Oma and Opa were always there.When I was adopted they came to the states to follow me, so they could be near and I had SOME family to look out for me.

Oma died a few years ago, and Opa was coming along. An elderly dying is a LOT of work for the caretaker. You are changing adult diapers, helping them walk, doing every single thing. Because they revert to like a baby, they can't do it for themselves.

I'm sad, but I'm ok. I didn't think much of it at all, until I got a call from a lawyer saying I needed to come in for a will reading.

I've been left everything. The estate in Germany and here, everything in his bank account.
I have a one bedroom apartment for my husband and my son. We live paycheck to paycheck.

And now I suddenly have the large house in Munich and here. And some money.
Then I get a call from my parents. My blood parents wanting hand outs. They said they are sorry, different people now, blah blah.

Now I have no idea what to even do with all of this.

What would you guys do if you inherited 2 estates on either side of the world and a little pocket money?

I'm thinking of buying plats.
LOL

Re: So...my Opa died

don't do anything until you've talked to a lawyer first!
make sure you can afford the buildings (if not, sell them?)
and don't let any abusive family browbeat you into giving them any money!
a lawyer can help you take care of who can and can't get
their hands on what is now YOUR money as well as international taxes

Im so behind now i've just given up trying to reac[…]

Right!? She has some really interesting poses. And[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!