roliana
Light discussions: Structured but not too serious.

Re: UK birmingham cost of living

ivydoodle wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm
I live alone in the UK in the south west of England. About a 2 hours train ride from Birmingham.

My personal monthly expenses are approx £660 a month for rent, food, electric, internet etc.

Hope that helps somewhat :/ Living alone is expensive.
That's it? For everything?

@ivydoodle lol Things are possible but that comes out to under $900 for USD and I can't even find a place where even just RENT is under that much.
So for everything to be under that? GORL. Sign me up.

Though the no heating thing does sound like an issue. I'm a lizard person and I need dat warmth. And tbh I have no idea what "double glazing" means.

@Anarchist Beauty dammmn, yeah finding a good place for cheaper rent is HARD. I literally had to choose the cheapest place on the market just so I could have a roof over my head.

single glazing is one pane of glass in a wooden frame. Double glazing is like insulated glass, to keep in warmth and cancel out noise.

With the heating thing, I have heaters. But they only heat up overnight, so I can't like spontaneously turn on heating to warm me up, literally have to wait over 12 hours.

ivydoodle wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm
I live alone in the UK in the south west of England. About a 2 hours train ride from Birmingham.

My personal monthly expenses are approx £660 a month for rent, food, electric, internet etc.

Hope that helps somewhat :/ Living alone is expensive.
this helps a lot. specially for those who might want to go and work there in the UK.
is there a mcdonald's place there? how much is the cheapest burger if i may ask? haha 😝

also, would you say that accommodation there will be a problem if in case working if the main goal?

@Anarchist Beauty They are just really bad heaters xD They are also meant to be serviced yearly for health and safety reasons but haven't been checked since 2001 according to the records I found. And ones broken. I should probably get that sorted :grimacing: But yeah I have a small portable heater to warm my footsies at my desk.

@neo1113 LOL 99p I think. Don't quote me on that, i've not stepped foot in a Mcdonalds in over 4 years.

hahaha 🤣 here in the PH those are the ones that we are used to go to when we want cheap foods. however if there is a nice marketplace then its best to buy good stuffs there i guess.

how can you describe living there in the uk? i bet there's a lot of opportunity there specially that celebrities resides in there. am i right? ed sheeran and all? 🤣

Sorry, slept and went to work.

Internet, I pay £42 for internet and phone line. Its an internet connection designed for a family of 4 though, because I like gaming. You could get it cheaper.

Never met a celebrity sorry :/

Job wise though. Unless you a worthy skill, coming across a full time job is difficult. Most people have two part time jobs just to pay the bills.
I myself work full-time and live pay check to pay check.

it's alright. ohh that's a lot for an internet connwction. though i am assuming that no issues arise of your fiber connection there in UK? coz here in PH our connection is still 3g some are 4g and fiber. i am using 3g right now and we usually have caps here dep3nds on the plan that you have. for house net i think its 10gb/mo dont quote me on that though and costing php1300.00.

may i know in your opinion is the least secure and most secure job you may know there in UK?

I wish there was a way of saving this site... I kn[…]

Oh darn, I completely forgot about the bank. How d[…]

Xia put her hand up between Izy and Vella "Be care[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!