roliana
Charities, lotteries, and giveaways ahoy!

Re: ♥Candyland Charity♥

I intend to pay a good deal extra at income tax, for sure. Right now if I pay a little extra on anything - it will be towards my student loans first.

And being prepared is such a good idea! I have had so many car problems in the past (not with my current car I'm paying off). I'm trying to get my mom better at saving money for when something bad happens, too. Cause as it stands, she doesn't care to save any money. Which in turn leads to me and my brother having to pay when something messes up. Like her vehicle.

Yeah, my boyfriend is the same way. I don't mind helping out, but he has certain habits that he has that are expensive and he'll ask for money instead of just saying "well, guess I have to go without for a couple of days", which means he also doesn't have money saved up EVER and I've had to bail him out of motorcycle or medical emergencies quite a few times.
We kind of had it out because I was tired of always loaning him money. He still doesn't really understand WHY I prefer not to loan him money, but he respects it...for the most part...except with groceries and going out to eat which is really annoying because I'm trying to track how much I actually spend with as little effort as possible and he makes it...difficult, to say the least. XD
I've also been trying to convince him to start paying off some of his medical debt (like all the doctor's visits he didn't have to pay up front because we think he has nerve damage in his face that's constantly causing him to be in pain), but no such luck in that, either, which means if we were to get a house, it'd probably be completely in my name if he hasn't started taking care of it by the time we're ready to get one. Bah.

Some people straight-up aren't great at saving up money, no matter how much you teach/pound into their skulls. My dad is exactly like that, he's literally incapable of holding onto money. He spends his income almost faster than it comes in, it's scary and pathetic....

He's also the reason mom and I got stuck below the poverty line in the first place. Lovely combination of moping about and not getting and holding down a solid job for the last almost twenty years, paired with this instinct he's got that just makes him...spend, endlessly...it's a slope that's all slip and no handholds. And it's greased.
Be one thing if it was just himself sinking down, buuuut he's one of those people who if ihe can't spend his money, he's gotta spend others' and...well, drags 'em down with him. The man can't adult.

Fun fact about the poverty line, once you're under it it's almost impossible to drag yourself back up out of it again. Especially if you're stuck in certain, ah...nastier areas like I am.

Luckily, I don't think Dustin is THAT bad. I honestly think his issue is him just not planning better. However, that's a discussion for him and I to sit down here soon and talk about.

As for the area you're in, well, if you can manage to save up enough money at some point and are ever interested, feel free to try to get to Florida.
I don't have a spare bedroom at the moment, but if at any point I do and you're interested, you're welcome to it. I can also probably easily get you a job at PGT, especially if I still work there. Factory can really suck; it can be hard on your mind and body at times and the pay isn't great for the amount of work they expect from us, BUT, it isn't totally horrible and probably at least better than McDouchebags. Also, mostly set schedule and overtime, especially during the summer, so it could possibly be easy to save up money quickly if you don't have a crazy amount of bills.

X'D I'm not 100% sure if I'd move to Florida, but I'll keep your offer in mind lol. Mostly because so much weird stuff happens down there that I'm convinced it resides in its own little pocket dimension of strangeness (no offense!), and I wouldn't handle the summers there very well :weary:. Our summers up here in Illinois, and I can't handle them as it is. Me and heat do not go together very well....

Eh, I stay mostly immune to the weird stuff. Really the biggest thing is just the snowbird assholes.
As for the heat, well, it could be worse. Actually, what makes it so bad is the humidity. It'd really only be like 90 or lower during the summer if not for that I feel. Also, we get cool breezes off of the ocean and lots of rain. Yay!

Really bad hurricanes only happen once every several years and I haven't seen any sinkholes around here yet, though if they didn't fill in that one spot here the old bending building used to be at my job, there'll be one soon.
We used to bend our material with hot oil instead of hot hair and from what Tony was saying the ground underneath that building is probably rotting and molded because of all the oil and water and whatnot that's seeped into the ground. Lol

foxotanashi wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:03 am
@McCoy
Not in quite a while, no. The last thing I done was add on the top gold bits from Circus.
But that wasn't real recent.
LOL.
I always hate that avatar.
Whenever I posed the question originally I guess I was unfortunately feeling my love for you and really liked your avatar.
I hate it again; we're back to normal.

"Alright, sleepy head, time to wake up," she heard[…]

I really miss all the old disney channel shows I'm[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!