roliana
Dive into another world! Roleplays here

Re: nduns x Rose

Having been away for sometime, Haegar followed Neil's lead.

Meanwhile, Xia had moved Marcus' body to the temporary alter she had set up, the herbs had been placed and a spell had been obtained - though whether the spell would work because she wasn't magical was a worry. As she knelt beside Marcus, hovering her hands over his body she muttered "loquimini mortuis" but nothing happened, the candles around the body didn't even flicker. She took a deep breath and tried again with more confidence "loquimini mortuis!". The flame on the candles flickered a little but not enough for the full effect. Xia began doubting herself "It's no use. I have no powers, I'm just some dumb human..." She then thought about those whom she had lost: Dustin, Harriet and Nancy and who else she could lose, like Marni, Vella, Izy and especially Neil. The anger burned within her as she shouted "LOQUIMINI MORTUIS!" and the flames shot up from the candles and a misty essence flowed into Marcus' body as it gasped with breath. Xia surprisingly smiled and nodded "Now, I believe you owe me 5 answers" and she began to interrogate.

Back at the Sanctum, while Tjaris was looking for his crystals, Marni began casually looking around. No-one had never had access to Tjaris's personal space and she was slowly realizing why. Tjaris was a hard man to read but his personal space was even more so. It was an open room with three collumns surrounded by three different coloured auras.

Neil soon arrived where the council was and said, "Well, we're here."

Haegar nodded at Neil "You should be the one to tell them-" but they were interrupted by a somewhat familiar female voice "Tell who what?". There before them stood a member of the council, Jayda. She recognized Neil barely and raised her eyebrow "Aren't you that acquaintance of Marni's that the Grand Maester took under his wing-" she then frowned "Where is the Grand Maester anyway? An emergency meeting has been called"

Meanwhile, Xia watched as a spirit essence flowed into Marcus' cursed corpse; the eyes snapped open as the body began to slowly rise. Taking a moment to remerge with the overworld, the corpse locked eyes with Xia and just smirked.
Xia sighed "I get five questions..." the corpse nodded as the replied "I may or may not answer them". Xia frowned "For the realms sake, I hope you do" After taking a deep breath she nodded "What is this curse that plagued you and the death squad?". Marcus paused "No idea. I've been incapacitated... disconnected from the realms". Xia looked down and kicked the ground in frustration "You must know something. Give me a hint, please" but since it wasn't a question, Marcus didn't respond in any way. Xia looked at him and thought before speaking "What can you tell me about... the Higher Power?".
Marcus' eyes widened, realising he should stop being an ass "They... We were a small group, tasked in keeping the realms protected. There are always five of us: the keeper of time, the nurturer of life, the hand of order, the force of chaos and the strider of death". Xia nodded, finally getting somewhere "Do the Higher Power have enemies? Someone with a grudge or vendetta" Marcus shook his head "No known enemies. There are times however when mortals fight what we represent; they let certain emotions cloud situations but eventually they come to realise everything happens for a reason". Xia realised she hadn't really gotten any useful information. Since she have very little information after Marni left, she didn't want to waste the last two question she had. Somehow Marcus pushed against the magic flowing through him "I am... surprised, y'know. I thought your cousin would be communing with me". Xia wondered how they were able to converse, but she rolled with it. "Marni thought the squad was being targeted so she went to the magic realm, to get assistance from the Higher Power". Marcus looked confused "Why would she go to the magic realm when she can go to the inner sanctum herself?". Xia was confused and was about to respond with a question before Marcus stopped her "Don't ask me what your about to. It's a waste of a question-" but Xia shook her head "How could Marni possibly know how to travel to the inner sanctum? I know she's a powerful witch but-". Marcus sighed "She never told you? I knew I should have spoken to her when I had the chance. Maybe this could have all been avoided". He then focused on Xia "There is only one question left and you should use it wisely. I knew you were destined for greatness, even before the corruption. I know you have the right question in mind... Just ask it".
It was then Xia realised that this was the pre-corrupted version of Marcus. Xia went to speak but no words came out. She closed her eyes and asked in her mind. Marcus just chuckled "You are ready... Your path is now ahead of you. I wish you all the best" and with that the spirit essence left the body as Marcus fell backwards, Xia able to catch him and lower him back down slowly. Tears welled in her eyes as she stepped back from Marcus' corpse "Thank you my friend". She then approached his belongings, picked up his cloak and put it on.

Neil took a deep breath and explained everything that was currently going on, leaving out nothing.

Jayda took the time to process before frowning "What is Pierce playing at. He may think he has everything under control but he is clearly letting his emotions cloud his judgement" she then sighed and looked at Neil "Thank you for this information. I will pass this on to the council and appropriate action-" she then noticed some guards passing by and called them over. "Take them to holding and keep them there until I say so".
The guards surrounded Neil and Haegar as Jayda went to walk away. Haegar frowned "I don't think so. We have to join up with Dani and Pierce in-". Jayda stopped and faced them "Pierce has already made a mess of things. And once i'm done speaking with the council he will be removed from his position so we can salvage the situation before its too late". Haegar raised his eyebrow "How dare you speak about your grand maester with such disrespect". Jayda approached Neil and Haegar again and raised her eyebrow "And who are you to reprimand me?"

Neil blinked and uttered, "Maybe we shouldn't antagonize her...?"

Haegar looked at Neil and gave a cheeky wink before looking back at Jayda "Never you mind who I am... What is important is the task in hand, which you clearly are mishandling. The grand maester has a handle on things. The only reason this boy and I are here was to get the council up to speed. And I don't think you're the best representative for the council, so-" he then looked at Neil "Lead on, boy"
Jayda looked at him gobsmacked and glanced at the guards "Seize them at once and put them in holding. NOW!".
Haegar chuckled "So naïve of you to think you can handle this situation better than the appointed grand maester-" he then took Neil's paw and blinked and they vanished.
Jayda frowned and stamped her foot and looked at half of the guards standing before her "Find that old coot and that creature and lock them up. Then find the grand maester - he has a lot of explaining to do" and she stormed off toward the council chambers. The guards marched off to complete their tasks so when the coast was clear, Haegar released his blink and he along with Neil reappeared. He sighed and shook his head "That girl is like an unstable potion-" he then looked at Neil "Thank you for not mentioning who I was... You alright?"

"Uh, yeah," Neil uttered, "A little frightened, but I've dealt with worse," looking back to the time he faced Malcolm, "Way worse," before asking, "How long have you been able to do that?"

Haegar sighed "Its new... It was bestowed upon me by a dear friend-" he then gulped "I hope Pierce won't be to mad" he then shook his head "We have to focus. You heard that unstable woman... she's about to go and throw Pierce in hot water. We need to stop her... but we should also confer with Pierce" he then looked at Neil "What shall we do? What do YOU think we should do?"

Meanwhile, Xia now wearing Marcus' cloak felt a small spark of power surge into her. She nodded with surprise "This... this is what holds the power of the Grim Reaper, but its fading fast" she gathered the concoctions she had made earlier, closed her eyes and focused and vanished in the blink of an eye. Appearing at the house beside Izy. She gasped "Woah... what a rush"

Also meanwhile, as Marni looked at the three collumns before her, Tjaris approached clutching two glowing pouches. "Magnificent, aren't they?" Marni nodded "Are these-" and Tjaris nodded "Praeteritum, Praesenti and Futurae" Marni slowly nodded, her eyes welling up "Past, Present and Future. The time portals". Tjaris nodded "I have been their keeper for so long. It was a privilege to be chosen. And now, before its time, I have to-" but Marni stopped him "No, don't speak like that. I won't let this continue. If it's me he wants-" Tjaris placed the glowing pouches in Marni's hands. "I know you never meant for any of this to happen, but it has and we must respect the change that has come" Marni looked down at her hands then back at Tjaris "Wha- I-" Tjaris nodded "I know you can restore balance and bring the realms into a new age". The tears broke the barrier and started streaming down Marni's cheeks as she hugged Tjaris. He held held her a moment before stepping back "I will distract him... You must stabilize our time" and he turned into mist and vanished. Marni raised her eyebrow and looked at her hands once more... realizing that there was only two pouches... there was a crystal missing. One pouch said [Praeteritum] and the other said [Futurae]. Marni gasped "Oh no... Tjaris what are you planning" she then realized she didn't have much time and teleported back to the magic realm.

Neil thought hard about this and said, "You might be able to talk to Pierce since you know him better. I'll try and stop her."

Izy stared and gasped, "Xia!" embracing her and planting her lips up against hers before pulling back and asking, "Are you doing okay!? How's everything going!? Do you even know!?"

Haegar looked at Neil "I wouldn't say I know him better- Wait, are you sure you can handle this? They might try and contain you. You are a... creature after... all..." he then sighed and handed Neil an ornate stone "If you get into trouble... crush that stone and you will be brought back to me!" he then nodded "Good luck" and ran off toward where he remembered where the library was.

Meanwhile Xia gathered herself and looked around "That was-" but she paused when she saw Vella motionless on the lounge. She then felt the bombardment of questions from Izy and held her hands up "Woah, slow down..." as she whipped off the cloak and hung it up, glancing back at Izy she looked concerned "H-How is she?"

Izy bit her lower lip and said, "Well, she still has a steady heartbeat, so there's that. I'm sure she'll be okay, now that she's no longer in that horrible, horrible place."

Xia took a deep breath "It wasn't the place that did this... it was something much worse. I-I temporarily resurrected Marcus-" She then sighed "I needed answers and while I have the gist of what's going on... there are so many more questions than before"

Izy frowned and said, "If only there was a way to get back, you know, without a magic user."

Xia sighed "What we need is Marni-"

Meanwhile, Marni arrived back in her quarters in the magic realm. She could immediately sense the impact of the loss of Gaea and frowned "Damn you Ghabri". She then peeked out the window - the courtyard was teeming with guards, calling out for Neil and Haegar. Marni was confused as to why and decided to try telepathically communicating to Neil, as long as he was on this plane it would work. [Neil, can you hear me? Where are you? What's going on?]

While hearing guards calling out for him, Haegar tried to be as stealthy as possible, which he was as he arrived at the Library. He tried the door but it was locked. He tried to call out in a lowered voice "Dani? It's Haegar" but there was no response. He then placed his hand over the lock and went to use his magic when he realised they would be able to sense him immediately. He bit his lip "There must be another way in" and he went looking for it.

Dani and Pierce were eyeballs deep in the books they brought with them, trying to find answers about what was going on.

Izy took a deep breath and said, "Hey, Marni, you'[…]

i'm super sad Roli will be leaving us. I've been h[…]

Alex had turned around just in time to see Daimi[…]

@Shinko What other items are you looking for? Ma[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!