roliana
Dive into another world! Roleplays here

Re: nduns x Rose

Neil blinked and thought hard before informing Marni of everything he knew.

Marni frowned as she processed the information from Neil and responded [It's my fault... all of it] she then broke the message as tears welled in her eyes. She took a moment before continuing [Where are you and these people you mentioned?]

Meanwhile, Xia began pacing "Is there another magic user we know?" she then glanced at the cloak and sighed. There was a sudden hissing noise behind Xia and Izy.

Izy's eyes widened as she held up the tip of her tail like a spear, growling, "Who's there!? I'll have you know I have a black belt in Snake Fu!"

All the while, Neil let Marni know everything she needed to know.

The snakes greeting wasn't aggressive, more sympathetic. As Xia turned to look at it she raised her eyebrow, placing her hand on Izy's arm "Stand down... This is a cursed creature". The snake looked at Xia and bowed its head and slithered toward her. Xia knelt down and examined the snake "Y-You aren't from this realm, are you?" The snake shook its head and hissed. As the hiss penetrated the minds of Xia and Izy, it began to communicate telepathically [I am not a real snake. My name is Grior. I'm a lord magic user from the magical realm. I was looking for Marni]. Xia backed up and looked at Izy, but Grior continued [I was hoping her magic could reverse the curse placed on me by a lady of the magic realm... Kahli]. Xia's eyes widened "Woah... Haven't heard that name in awhile!"

Meanwhile in the magic realm, thanks to Neil, Marni was able to put the pieces together. She nodded [Haegar? Haven't heard that name before. Hmm strange] she then paused - her mind racing before nodding [Can you get the others and come to my old quarters that I showed you? I'll wait for you here] and she broke the link and began getting to work.

Also, meanwhile on the sanctum plane, Tjaris was backed into a corner as the entire sanctum was dying around him. Clutched tightly to his chest was they crystal for Praesenti. He gulped and looked around trying to hide his panic "You'll never succeed, Ghabri. Return peacefully and your suffering will end-" suddenly a deep and dark voice appeared in the shadows opposite Tjaris and chuckled "Suffering? You have no idea what I have suffered. The realms have no clue what I have suffered... But they soon will!" and he reached out his shadowed hand.

Neil nodded and said, "Hey, I just got a message from Marni. We need to head to her old headquarters."

Izy blinked and laughed nervously, uttering, "Oh, well, that's a little awkward. Marni's not here right now."

Haegar heard Neil out by the library as he finished trying to find a way in and looked at him "Did I hear correctly, your friend has returned?" he then nodded with a sigh "I still can't find a way into the library. Its as though Pierce and Dani magically sealed it. Do you have a way of contacting them?"

Grior hissed with disappointment [She is the only one that can reverse my curse-] he then paused and tilted his head with a hiss [Where is Marni then?]. Xia sighed and explained everything she knew. Grior hissed again with surprise [So you don't even know... any of it. I mean, I'm not surprised she never told you-]. Xia abruptly interrupted "Wait, know what? What the hell is going on?"

Neil blinked and used his mind to ask Marni if she could help with that.

Izy frowned at the snake and said, "Yeah, you know something. What is it?"

Grior glanced at the two girls and hisses hesitantly [I-I don't know if I should. Marni should really be the one to-] he paused as Xia's eyes glazed over and the cloak she had been wearing levitated off the coat rack and onto her shoulders. Grior gulped then lowered his head [I-I apologize, holy one. I will answer any questions pertaining to the situation you ask me]. Xia's eyes returned to normal as she felt the cloak on her she shrugged it off and backed up "What the hell was that?"

Marni was busy working away when she received Neil's plea for assistance. She responded [Can't you just break the door down? You are a very strong creature. That would draw some unwanted attention. Unless you can telepathically speak with that girl who is with Pierce, I can't assist you]

Izy stared at Xia, feeling her heart skip a beat as she said, "That was cool."

Neil took a deep breath and sent a flying kick into the door.

Xia looked at Izy with a panicked look "Cool? No... that was... impossible. I'm human. I shouldn't have any special powers-" Grior hissed [But you are a member of the high power, correct?]. Xia shook her head "NO! I was a death squad member. I never escalated my rank" Grior looked confused [But you have the grim reaper's cloak of eternal rest. If you are not its rightful owner then how-]. Xia sighed "The grim reaper-" she glanced at Izy "-Marcus, was killed by a strange illness. We had a whole discussion about it. Marni declared it was a curse and went with our friend Neil to figure out how to stop the curse".
Grior nodded [Okay... But still only the grim reaper or their successor can wield the cloak]. Xia sighed "Okay... It makes sense now. I went through a transition - removing every layer of death squad self; human is the last layer before rebirth, which I... . But the death squad and their leader have been wiped out by this... curse. Since i'm still alive... I am 'technically' the only remaining member and seen as Marcus' successor" Grior nodded again [That is most likely correct. Which means you wield the powers of the Grim Reaper...] Xia looked back at the snake "Even though i'm human?" Grior hissed [Yes. Unless you reject this sacred duty. Then the high power must find a new grim reaper as soon as possible, so death can resume. I'm surprised they haven't already. The only reason that would happen is-] but he paused.
Xia looked at Izy then back at Grior "Is what? What would be the reason for the lack of action?"

Meanwhile, Pierce and Dani were delved so deep into the books that they didn't notice Neil break down the library door. Haegar looked at him and the doorway and sighed "Such craftsmanship" he then entered the library, saw Pierce and Dani and sighed with a smile then approached.

Neil smiled upon spotting Dani and joined Haegar.

Izy blinked and uttered, "Wait, you're not saying they already found a new reaper, are you?"

Grior shook his head [No... I think the cloak has though. If at any time a high power member dies... their replacement is found post haste. It is strange that they haven't-] he then paused [Wait, was there anything else strange where the grim reaper's body was-] he then gulped with worry [Like, for example, the environment was different or an essence of unbalanced chaos, maybe?]
Xia glanced at Izy once more before looking back at Grior "Actually... yeah. Like the life essence of the environment was fading. And some of the death squad members didn't fall from the illness... they were clawed at by some sort of creature. The arrangement of wounds - I mean i have seen some stuff in my day but - it looked very chaotic... almost maniacal. What has this got to do with-" she then gasped "Marni thought the squad was being targeted - but from what I got from Marcus... and from what we've seen and the little information we know... It sounds like the high power is being targeted. Marcus asked me, why Marni would seek help from the magical plane when she could teleport to the home of the high power. The only way she could was if she was... a high power member. But that's crazy, right Grior-". But Grior lowered his head and remained silent. Xia looked panicked and looked at Izy.

Izy grinned nervously and uttered, "Um, yeah, about that..." rubbing the back of her neck and whistling.

Xia gasped at Izy "Y-You knew? How is that even possible. I'm her cousin... her family and I didn't even know-" she then gasped for another reason "Vella!" and she turned to see Vella still unconscious on the lounge. Grior hissed [Look this is all too much information at once. You all need to be calm and level headed] he then slithered in a circle, almost like pacing [When I entered your home, I heard you need a magic user, to access the magic realm. Can't you simply use Marni's portal?]
Xia shook her head "No... her precious council destroyed it after we... broke in to retrieve something. But it was stolen... back-" she then raised her eyebrow and glanced at the basement door.

Meanwhile, as Haegar went to approach Dani, he collided with an invisible shield. He sighed "Pierce" He then called through the shield "Dani! Dani, it's Haegar... and Neil. We have news". The shield flickered and Dani began to unfocus on the mention of Neil - apparently, her bond with him was stronger than her task. She turned to face Haegar and Neil "Oh hey... When did you arrive?" Haegar smiled "Neil has information for us, but we need to leave here" Dani nodded and went to move when Pierce frowned "We need to finish our work" Haegar frowned at Pierce "Gather what you've done. You can continue when we get to our new destination". But Pierce didn't move. Dani glanced at him and gasped. The book or rather a tome he was reading from had a dark aura around it and that aura was moving around Pierce. "Damn... how could I have been such a novice" Haegar raised an eyebrow "What's wrong, Dani?". Dani sighed "The books we collected, rather one seems to have been bound with a dark entity" Haegar's nostrils flared "How dare- Are you accusing me of harboring illegal tomes?!? I would never-" Dani shook her head "No, of course not. I-I would never. I merely stated it was amongst the books collected by Neil". Haegar glared at Neil, then Dani and finally on Pierce "I have one tome... A personal tome. It stores my memories... my past. It could only be corrupted by someone forcing their mind onto it" Dani looked at Pierce "grand maester?"

Izy blinked and asked, "What? Did you realize something else?"

Whilst I haven't been active in a very (very) long[…]

Yup! I'm gonna post links to NdMA's Voltra and Cae[…]

Xia adjusted Vella in her arms and took Izy’s hand[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!