roliana
Dive into another world! Roleplays here

Re: nduns x Rose

Izy nodded and said, "Right. You can ride on my back if you'd like. I can move pretty fast."

Xia nodded, holding Vella close as she mounted Izy and wrapped her arm around Izy’s chest before nodding that she was secure and ready to go.
Meanwhile, Haegar glared at Pierce “Pierce!” but there was no reaction. He looked at Neil “Think you can pull him away from that tome?” but Dani looked confused “If I can’t get to the tome, what makes you think Neil-“ Haegar looked at Dani and sighed “Because you weren’t trying as a distraction… you were trying to help him-” he then looked back “Pierce may be beyond helping. And since Neil’s friend-“ Dani gasped “Marni is back?”. The pages of the tome stopped as Pierce glanced at Dani “What did you say?”. Haegar nodded at Neil to distract Pierce.
(try to tackle him?)

Neil nodded and went down on all fours, pouncing on Pierce and knocking him over.

Izy took a deep breath and slithered off as fast as she could.

With the mention of his old lust, Pierce found himself distracted and now on the ground with a very scary looking Neil beast on top him. The dark aura slowly fading as Pierce shook his head and gulped as his eyes met Neil’s toothy maw “Uh…” Dani sighed with relief as Haegar carefully approached his tome or what was left had withered away to dust. He frowned “I-It has been destroyed… my memories are… gone-” Dani approached him and looked confused “Haegar, what do you mean?” Haegar placed his hand above the dust then looked at the girl “Satyrs have something called a harrowing of the mind – this means we are unable of holding a lot of information at once. We are given a tome at the age of maturity so we can bestow our memories after we are no longer. I have been bestowing my memories into this tome for almost a century and now… they are… gone” he glared at Pierce.
Dani was still confused “So you have basic memories… like our friendship, your work as an archivist etc?” Haegar nodded “I went against my clan when I came to work as the archivist for the council. When I make a bestownment, it contains 10 years of knowledge and memories. But I found once I was titled archivist, I was making bestowments every year as it wasn’t just my memories I was bestowing… but all the knowledge I was archiving for the council” Dani’s eyes shot open “Wait... so that means…” and as both Haegar and Dani looked at Pierce they could see cracks that had formed around his face from the dark aura. Haegar nodded at Dani “Pierce wasn’t defiling my memories… He was searching through the information I had gained from the council”. As the cracks settled, still upon his face, Pierce gulped “Uh… what’s going on?”
As Marni worked away, she abruptly paused as her hands gripped the table she was at. ‘Xia? Vella? Izy? They are in the realm… but how?’ she thought. Sensing how dire Vella’s condition was, Marni reaching out her hand she created an invisible magical lasso to pull them toward the town centre.
Xia nodded as they arrived at what looked like the town centre, which was odd because they had never actually entered the town before… just the council HQ. Xia leaped off of Izy while still carrying Vella and looked around “How did we- Iz, did you feel like we were being pulled here?” Before Izy could respond… Vella’s heart stopped.

Izy blinked and was about to talk when she felt Vella's heartbeat stop, her eyes wide with terror as she screamed in panic, immediately setting the succubus down and pushing down on her chest, shouting, "Oh no, you're not leaving us!" leaning down and breathing air into her lungs.

Xia stepped back, her mind racing – flashing back to memories both good and bad between she and her cousin. She leaned down and placed her hands on Vella, as if performing the last rites on her cousin but also trying to get a sense if the grim reaper’s cloak had bestowed a bit of magic to her. Vella’s body jerked up like it was being pulled and yet it was still grounded. The moment Xia realised it had bestowed magic to her she tried tapping into the cloak's power but the ground began to rumble violently. Xia pulled back as her eyes widened “Woah… That wasn’t good” she looked at Izy.
Meanwhile, Haegar’s mood grew foul, which was strange to see on a satyr as he glanced at Neil “You should take us to see your friend I suppose”. Dani ran over to Neil and placed her hand on his back “Marni is back? When? How? Where?-“, then a slight chuckle was heard… surprisingly from Haegar. He half smiled “Don’t overwhelm him Dani…” Dani nodded “Right” she then looked at Pierce “We’ll deal with you later”. Motioning Neil to back up, Dani offered her hand to Pierce, who willingly took it and stood. Dani nodded as the four of them left the library and followed Neil to find Marni. As they left the library they felt the ground beneath them violently shake. Dani’s eyes widened as she clutched on to Neil and gasped.
Not to far away in her quarters, Marni also felt the ground rumble – it was familiar like she’d heard it had happened from someone once before. Her eyes widened “Oh no… Xia!”

Neil blinked and asked, "What's that rumbling?" Izy meanwhile holding onto Xia and barking, "What did you just do!?"

Pierce, Dani and Haegar shootinb a confused glance at Neil and shrugging in unison. (Neil would remember this experience when he went to the magical realm with Dustin. The environment changed because a member of death had entered the realm)
Xia gulped “I-I’m not sure… It is kinda familiar… Like I heard about a similar situation… Remember when I was in the coma, seems like a lifetime ago, I over head Vella and Marni talking about when Dustin, Vella and Neil went to the magic realm to find Harlem’s container. From what I overhead… It matches with what’s happening now. The only thing that confuses me is… If death has such an affect on this realm… Who is causing it to happen again?” it took her a moment to realize “Wait… could-could it be… me?”. More and more of the puzzle pieces were fitting into place. The grim reaper cloak… the weak magic she could sense in herself and now the surroundings reacting to violently to her presence. (Izy realizes that Xia is becoming the new grim reaper)

Izy stared and uttered, "I hate to alarm you, Xia, but you might be right."

Neil blinked and said, "We might be in even more danger. I just remembered something terrible."

Xia looked wide-eyed at Izy “I’ve skipped past alarmed to unbelieveably concern. If the magic realm reacts to a member of death like this… Who knows what kind of damage will happen the longer I’m here. Plus not to mention the problem on top of this severity… our or rather my only way back to our realm is closed and there is no-one around who can open the portal-“ she then raised an eyebrow at Izy “And don’t even think about trying to open it yourself. You saw what happened to Grior”. Xia began to pace.
Meanwhile, Dani looked at Neil as Pierce frowned “It can’t get any worse, surely?” but Dani shot him a look as if to say he wasn’t going to get a happy ending. Dani looked at Neil “Let’s just get to where Marni is before-“ but before she could continue there was a loud bang noise as the ground began to crack open in the townsquare. Dani gasped as she fell into Neil’s arms. Haegar held onto a stone pillar and Pierce fell back to the ground.
Meanwhile, Marni had finished what she was working on when she heard the explosion outside. Holding onto the crystals given to her by Tjaris she gulped as her eyes darted from side to side as she muttered “C’mon Neil, where are you?”
There was another loud explosion noise as a strange gas floated out of another crack, this one was at the entrance to the temple for the higher power. A black shadowed figure appeared holding a beaten, bruised and barely alive man in one hand and a familiar crystal in its other hand. The man looked frail and slightly diseased like the death squad members. The shadowed voice growled “Take me to her…” but the frail man shook his head “I will not aid your madness”. Through the hand grasping the man flowed once more a dark purple energy causing the diseased veins of the man to pulse as the man cried out in pain.

Izy frowned and grunted, "We need to find Marni. If there's anyone who will know what to do, it's her," lifting up Xia and saying, "I won't let our efforts be in vain. We need to get everyone home, stat."

Neil held onto Dani before picking her up himself, saying, "Hold on tight. We need to find Marni. If there's anyone who can help us right now, it's her."

Xia nodded at Izy, still clutching hold of her cousin while being carried by her friend “Where do we begin to look for Marni? I mean if, we’ve never been to this part of the realm before… we didn’t even know it existed-“, she then raised her eyebrow “Marni must be in near the centre of town. Maybe she sensed us and directed our way to her” Glancing around she saw a lot of boarded up shops and homes and sighed “It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. We need… a sign or something”
Meanwhile, Dani held onto Neil, almost snuggling into his furry shoulder before remembering the situation “So where will we find Marni? Where has she set up shop, so to speak”. Pierce realising no-one would help him up, slowly stood on his own “Her old quarters from when she was a member of the council!” Haegar looked shocked “Wait… THAT Marni?” Pierce looked at him “Is there another one?” but Haegar went quiet and approached Neil and Dani. Pierce slowly motioned toward the group as they made their way to the town centre.
It was by the slightest chance that Neil, Dani, Haegar and Pierce were arriving at the town centre just as Xia was looking around. When she saw Neil’s beast form she gasped “Neil?!?”

Neil turned and stared silently for a few seconds before shouting, "XIA! IZY!" the lamia squealing, "NEILY!" slithering over to him and giving him a tight hug, shouting, "Alright, we are not separating anymore! Anyway, apparently, Malcolm never even came to this dimension, so we have no reason to be here. Let's just find Marni and go home," Neil replying, "That's what we're trying to do."

The lamia blinked and said, "I just noticed something. You're speaking English again," Neil nodding and saying, "There is also a chance for me to return to human form, but even if I don't, the fact that I can talk to you all again kinda makes up for it."

Dani found it hard to breathe as she was being squished between Neil’s beast form and a weird snake like woman. Haegar saw this and rushed to her aid, pulling Dani out from between the too. She gasped “Neil!”. Pierce just stood back watching what appeared to be the most epic reunion, until Haegar cleared his throat. “You clearly know these people, boy, care to introduce-“ but he was cut off sharply by Pierce “Thought you were in a hurry to reach Marni, Haegar”. Haegar shot him a look “I think we can take a moment… I mean clearly we can compare what both groups have discovered.” Haegar looked at Neil’s friends “I’m Haegar-“, he then glanced to Dani and Pierce and introduced them. “Dani has been working with Neil’s communication abilities, with a little help from some impressive magic on her end” Dani kicked the ground a little embarrassed. “I wanted to help him… I could sense his frustration having to write his communications down every single time”
Xia looked at the group Neil was with. “Well I’m Xia and this slithery one is Izy-“ she then looked down in her arms to a now barely breathing cousin in her arms “And this is-“ Dani gasped and rushed over, laying her hands on Vella “S-She’s badly injured. S-She should have already passed on but… yet is barely holding on-“ she then glanced at Xia “And you-“ she gulped “You should have passed as well… I’m very confused”.
Xia sighed “The grim reaper is out of the picture. Life and death are no longer balanced”. Haegar looked concerned as he remembered his hovel and its surroundings before they had left there “As is Gaea or Mother Nature as some refer to her” Dani frowned “The higher power is being targeted. Picked off one by one. But to what end. We still have no idea who-“ it was then they heard a bone-chilling scream of pain… echoing throughout the empty streets of the town centre. Everyone looked wide-eyed as Dani gulped and whispered “W-What was that?” Pierce gulped “W-We better stay on task. Find… M-Marni!”
Meanwhile as Marni paced in her quarters, wondering where her friends were – even she heard the bone-chilling scream; in fact it seemed to be directed to her ears. Recognizing it immediately she shook her head and clutched her pendant then took a deep breath “H-He’s here…”

Neil took a deep breath and said, "Yeah, we really should probably get going now," Izy looking at Dani and shaking her hand, squealing, "Thank you so much for giving him his speech back!" before leaning forward and whispering, "By the way, he's single, just so you know," winking at her and giving Neil a thumb up, the boy blinking and staring in confusion.

i'm super sad Roli will be leaving us. I've been h[…]

Vella hugged Neil and shrugged as they pulled back[…]

Alex had turned around just in time to see Daimi[…]

@Shinko What other items are you looking for? Ma[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!