roliana
Dive into another world! Roleplays here

Re: nduns x Rose

Haegar and Xia looked at each other and nodded. Dani heavily blushed from Izy’s closeness and words as she could barely now bring herself to look at Neil. Xia composed herself and looked at Pierce “You know where she is?” Pierce nodded and looked at Neil “I’ll lead and you-‘ but Dani snapped out of her blushing and shook her head, her voice still in a whisper “No, Neil leads, you cover our backs” and she took hold of Neil’s strong furry arm.
Xia smiled at Dani’s confidence, despite her noticing Izy playing match maker. She then gently nudged Izy “Can you carry Vella… I’m gonna have a word with-“ and she eyed the satyr. “Seems full of knowledge that one” the then tilted her head back at Pierce “And keep an eye on the fancy pants. I don’t know what happened… But I can sense a shift of leadership in Neil’s group and it concerns fancy pants”.
As Dani held Neil’s arm, she glanced back at him a few times – everytime she did, she would lightly blush.

Neil blushed lightly himself as Izy humped Vella onto her back, sighing, "Oh, yeah, Vella's giant boobies," feeling them pressed up against her back and drooling before shaking her head and saying, "No, stay focused."

Xia cleared he throat at Izy to cut out the insensitivity, considering Vella was unconscious and near death, as Xia stayed walking beside Haegar. “So, uh Haegar, was it? How did you get roped into this venture?” Haegar gave a gentle nod at Dani but remained silent. Xia looked at Dani then back at Haegar “How did the two of you meet?” Haegar stopped, since they were behind everyone else, no-one noticed. Xia stopped also as Haegar looked sternly at her and lowered his voice “Why so curious?” But Xia simply shrugged “You’re hard to read. And I know that now is certainly not the time for my curiosity but… I’m intrigued by you” she then continued to walk.
Dani could see Neil blush and when she caught a glance at what he was blushing at she sighed as she loosened her grip on Neil’s arm.
Meanwhile Marni gathered herself and focused herself on sensing her friends and nodding with relieved smile “They are almost here”
Also meanwhile at the temple, the shadowed figure was also sensing… but his target was hard to locate – it was like she had scattered herself. It then growled in frustration. The frail man gave a slight smirk at the figure’s frustration as it watched the light from the crystal slowly start to dim as he thought ‘I hope your ready’.

Neil blinked before taking hold of Dani's hand, letting her know it was okay with a light smile, Izy looking off into the distance and making the sound of a submarine as if she was inside one using a telescope, soon saying, "We're almost there. Wow, that was surprisingly short."

Dani began to blush as her hand sat in Neil’s paw. Pierce nodded “That run-down two storey building… that’s her quart-“ but he was interrupted with a chill that hit the entire party as another bone-chilling scream could be heard. Dani gulped and squeezed Neil’s hand. Haegar started walking, running rather to catch up with the group. Xia walked up now walking beside Izy and using her telepathy on everyone she nodded [Silent communication for now, yeah?!]. The group continued to move as quietly and stealthy as possible.
Meanwhile after hearing another bone-chilling scream, Marni felt the crystals in her hands begin to vibrate and she gasped “No… no no no no! Not yet… They aren’t here yet” she then moved toward the front door of the quarters and opened it a smidge. That move would be her downfall as at that moment, the shadowed figure chuckled “Found you… my love” the frail man looked worried as the shadowed figure smirked “It looks like you didn’t guide her well enough, Tjaris”. Tjaris looked down, closed his eyes and began to chant under his breath while the crystal in his grasp began to hum. The shadowed figure noticed this and looked angry “What are you doing, old man?” but Tjaris smirked “Guiding her, Ghabri… Isn’t that what you said I failed to do?” Through the shadowed figure’s hand grasping Tjaris flowed for the last time the dark purple energy causing the diseased veins to pulse as Tjaris cried out in pain before falling into a clump on the ground and his essence destroyed. The shadowed figure removed his hood, Ghabri was revealed as he smirked and looked ahead and thought ‘It’s your turn… Ilarya’ and as he looked down at the now dying crystal, he crouched to touch the ground he leapt into the air and glid toward his new destination.
Realizing as soon as she opened her door she had given away her location she bit her lip. She knew what she needed to do, as she gently squeezed the crystals in her hand but she wasn’t prepared to lose anyone else… so she waited until she had sight of her friends, but readied some magic just incase of unwanted company.

Neil bit his lower lip, hoping this would not be as difficult as it seemed while Izy thought, 'Wow, I can hear my thoughts.'

Xia nudged Izy [Focus!] she then focused herself after the bone-chilling scream and looked at Pierce [How can you be sure Marni is in there?]. Pierce shook the unsettled feeling before looking at Xia [It was her safe place… her home when she lived here. I can’t think she would be anywhere else-“ as he glanced over to the building, he caught a glimpse of someone peeking through the slightly open door.
While this was happening, Marni could see a group of figures heading in her direction. Knowing she would be giving away her position and hoping it was her friends, she sent a magical flare from her door and up toward the sky.The flare was noticed by all, including Ghabri who now had a direction in which to head and began to approach the opposite side of the town square.
Xia saw the flare and looked at the opened door – her eyes widened “Marni!” and she bolted toward the building. Dani saw this as she pulled on Neil’s arm “C’mon Neil!” and she started running. Pierce gulped as he walked up beside Haegar, who glanced at him and spoke so only Pierce would hear him “You seem nervous, Pierce”. Pierce shivered then shook his head “No, of course not” Haegar half nodded “Sure…” and he caught up with Neil and Dani. Pierce gathered himself and continued walking.

Neil went down on all fours and placed Dani on his back, racing toward the area as fast as he could while Izy did the same, saying, "You sure you wanna ditch that form? It does give you some incredible skills," Neil sighing, "You know, I sometimes wonder that."

Xia was running with Izy and Neil, with Dani on his back. Xia cracked a small smile and looked at Izy, using telepathy [Are they… an item, do you reckon?]
Haegar used his misty step spell to keep pace with Neil, Izy and Xia, glancing now and then at Dani’s face and smiled. He had never seen such happiness in her eyes… not in a very long time. He put that on Neil’s presence.
Pierce was behind the others, not at a slow pace, but not so we was running with the others. After all he had learned about the whole situation and what information was bound to be filled in by Marni… Pierce was dreading the situation coming to a close. He sighed with a thought ‘There is no situation where everyone gets what they want’
Dani blushed again as she landed on Neil’s back. Even with the air hitting her race as they travelled, Dani did overhear Neil and Izy – the figurative cogs turning in her head as she leaned in to Neil’s ear and whispered “I-I’ve been thinking about what I said after we first met… About helping you return to your original form or something similar, if it’s what you really want. If… I mean when we survive this-“ but her positivity wavered as they soon arrived at the now fully open door where Marni stood. Marni was overjoyed to see her family and friends. As she ushered everyone inside, she saw a few new faces and then saw Pierce. As Pierce and Marni stood at the doorway, before a word could be spoken, there was a loud boom noise as Ghabri landed a few miles from them. Marni gulped and shot a look at Pierce “Get everyone down to basement… And take these” and she handed him the two other crystals Tjaris had given her. Pierce looked wide-eyed “What the-“ he could feel the power emanating from them but Marni shook her head “Just go and keep everyone inside-” suddenly the ground shook, more violently than before. Marni glanced to her right with worry and saw a light explosion rippling out toward them “Damn… not enough time” she looked at Ghabri with mixed feelings.

Neil was slightly distracted by what Dani had suggested earlier, but right now, he knew he needed to be focused as Izy asked, "So, um, do you know what to do about all of this?"

Dani jumped off of Neil's back once they were inside and was captivated by where she was standing. Marni had been a living legend back in the day – anyone who studied in the magic realm knew of her. Dani mumbled “To be in her quarters…”. Even though slightly distracted, she glanced at Izy “Sorry? Oh well we know as much as you do probably”. Xia joined in the conversation “Actually, we don’t know as much as we should. There is a lot of explaining to be done, that’s for sure-“ her gaze left the conversation and fixed on the doorway immediately to Pierce looking confused and highly concerned with two crystals in his hands.

Marni went into a defensive stance, though her voice a little shakey “T-That’s enough, Ghabri. Reverse the damage you have done to the realms”. Ghabri chuckled as he stood “Now why would I do that, witch”. Marni gulped and raised her hands as a spark of energy formed “O-Or I will be forced to stop you”. Ghabri stopped and laughed “You think… in that form… you can defeat me” Once Pierce entered and closed the door a little, but still enough to peek outside as he noticed Xia looking at him, he took the crystals out of view and nodded “Marni needs everyone to go down into her basement. Uh Neil-“ and he looked at the man-creature “It’s that room I showed you earlier. Get everyone in there, won’t you”, he then turned and stayed remaining at the door in case Marni needed… backup? Xia thought it odd but didn’t question it as she looked at Neil “You heard him… Take us to the basement”. Dani gasped “But what about her?” but she was ushered away toward the basement entrance. Haegar was a little hesitant to leave Marni and hovered with Pierce.

Marni’s voice wavered “I-I don’t want to fight you. But- But I will if I have to”. Ghabri sighed “Oh Ilarya… You were never a very good liar…” he then scoffed “You want the realms saved… You want to protect its pathetic residents? Well, you know what you have to do… The question is, will you do it”. Marni bit her lip and looked down – thinking about all those in her old quarters. Thinking about those she had lost in the recent weeks. She then placed her hands together and a clap of thunder and flash of lightning filled the sky. She looked up with a stern expression “You think those I chose to surround myself are pathetic. You should take a look in a mirror, Ghabri. You’re the one who’s pathetic” and as she pulled her hands back then shoved them forward with her palms out – a beam of electric static left her hands at went right at Ghabri, swirling around him. He scoffed “You think this will stop me-“ and he moved his hand toward the beam as though to brush it away but instead he screamed in pain. The static wasn’t normal static… but a reformed version of the plague he had cursed Marcus and his people with… only now tweaked to recognize Ghabri’s DNA and act like a cage. “Stop you? No… There was never anything put in place to stop people like us… But it will hold you-“ she glanced right again as the light explosion got closer and closer “-, while I figure out a way to reverse the damaged you’ve caused” and with that she turned and headed for the door. Pierce saw her and opened it for her. Once inside, Marni closed the door only to find Pierce and Haegar still topside and frowned “Get to the basement!” and she ushered them toward the basement entrance.

Once everyone was in the basement, Marni was about to close the door behind, she saw a badly eroded Ghabri enter her quarters. She gasped and pulled the basement door closed and activated the magic bubble just in time as the light explosion shook the ground and the foundation of the quarters. Luckily for everyone, the basement’s insulation dampened what was happening. Marni leaned on the door and looked down while to took a moment. When she looked up – all eyes were on her. She gulped “Well-“ but she paused – sensing that everyone wanted to ask her what was going on… but no-one dared speak first… well, one person did. It was Vella… Vella had woken from her unconscious state “H-Huh? Ow… What-What’s going on?”

Relief flooded Xia as she tapped Izy’s arm to place Vella on the ground. Xia looked at her cousin “You had me worried for a minute”. Vella was puzzled “Xia?” then her eyes opened wide “Xia! You're awake… But your transformation… How are you-“ she then saw Izy, Neil and a bunch of new faces before seeing Marni. She tried to stand but that caused pain “Oww! Why does my entire body ache?” Xia sighed “There is a lot of explaining to do by a few people” and she glanced at Marni. Marni bit her lip – knowing she couldn’t have a thought without others hearing it and a mumble would start the conversation rolling, so she remained quiet and began setting her plan in motion. She did mumble “I’ll need those-“ and took the crystals from Pierce… but he held on to them “Why do you need these?” Pulling them from his grasp, Marni looked at him “I-“ but instead of answering she approached her workbench.

Neil approached Vella and gave her a light hug, saying, "Thank god you're okay," Izy nodding and giving Vella a hug of her own, saying, "Oh yeah, Neil can talk again."

Vella hugged Neil and shrugged as they pulled back “I-I don’t know if I’m okay. I-I should be dead. That creature-“ but she was interrupted by Izy’s hug and nodded “Yes, I can see that. It’s helpful, that’s for sure”.
Dani stepped back, once again feeling a little sad. She thought, forgetting everyone could hear thoughts ‘Why does Neil have to have such gorgeous women as friends?’. Xia glanced at Dani and chuckled “You might want to distance yourself if you’re going to think like that. There is a radius to this form of telepathy spell”. Dani’s eyes widened and she heavily blushed and walked away from the group. Vella smirked and looked at Neil.
While everyone was distracted, Haegar approached Pierce “She’s tinkering. That can’t be a good sign”. Pierce nodded “She always tinkered to keep herself busy before… delivering bad news. She and I worked on a magical project two days before she left the magic academy-“ he then approached Marni, his voice lowered “Look, we all have different bits of information and time is clearly not on our side-“ but Marni stopped and looked at him “That is where you are wrong. As long as we remain in this bubble… we have all the time in the world”. Haegar approached them, lowering his voice “You can’t procrastinate giving your explanation… Whatever you have to say… will have to be said eventually”. Pierce gave a curious look at Haegar “You sound like you know something about this” Haegar’s posture twitched but he focused his glance on Marni “It’s time… don’t you think. I’m so tired…” he extended his hand as Marni took it and nodded “I-I guess your right. You always were, Danus”. Pierce’s eyes widened, his voice no longer lowered “WHAT?!?”
This caught the attention of the others. Dani looked at him “What’s wrong?”. Pierce felt sick to his stomach and went to find a seat. “I-I-“ but he couldn’t form a sentence… the shock was strong. Marni and Haegar dropped hands as Marni took a deep breath, gathering any mental strength she had before looking at everyone “I-I’m sorry… for everything you have all been in these last few weeks…-“ she gulped “Some, a lot longer than that” she eyed the room, waiting for all eyes on her.

i'm super sad Roli will be leaving us. I've been h[…]

Vella hugged Neil and shrugged as they pulled back[…]

Alex had turned around just in time to see Daimi[…]

@Shinko What other items are you looking for? Ma[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!